Go Back   RV Loco > RV Loco Forum >

Motorhomes For Sale - Buying & Selling - RV / Motorhome Classifieds Ads

Old 07-20-2008, 07:40 PM

Default 1997 Safari Serengeti 40 ft. 3rd Price Drop. By Owner.... (Portland) $45995

For sale by original owner. (Non smokers with no pets.)$45,995.00 negotiable. The low blue book on this RV is $69,000. I started the listing at $66,000 and this is the 3rd time I have dropped the price. Why? Because my mother-in-law just lost her husband. They bought this RV new for $191,000 and lived in it for the past 10 years. Now she has moved in to the Willamette View retirement community and needs to sell the motorhome. I am just trying to help her out. Please call me if you have any questions or wish to make an appointment to see the motor home.

This beautiful one owner Safari is in excellent condition. Powered by a 300 HP Caterpillar Diesel engine with 6 speed Allison transmission. Model number 4050

Hydraulic leveling jacks.

Fewer than 8,000 miles on four rear tires. All maintenance and mileage records up to date.

Total mileage 112,688

Very clean throughout. Top of the line features include: almost new leather pull-out sleeper sofa (see photo), and leather captain's chairs for ultimate comfort. Enjoy Direct TV via satellite television, from the dining room and living room as well as in the bed room.

All the kitchen appliances feature dual power input: LP gas or electric. You Cook on a Gaggenau range and cook or bake in a GE Microwave with convection oven. Nearly new side by side Dometic refrigerator and freezer.

Combination clothes washer and dryer. (Sorry W/D combo not currently working. Will see about getting fixed or deduct cost or repair or replace.)

Ceramic tile floors in kitchen, bath and dining area, Corian counter tops. Custom wooden valences above the windows add beauty to the interior. Blinds and shades on every window provide privacy.

Bathroom includes a glass enclosed shower.

A 42,000 BTU furnace will keep you warm in the winter. For summertime there are two Duo Therm roof mounted Air Conditioner units.

Window awnings all around provide great shade.

** Hughes Net High Speed Internet provides internet anywhere. Professional installation for the Hughes satellite dish and hardware cost $8000.

** Auto positioning satellite for television.

** Eight (8) Solar Panels supply electricity for dry camping. Also 7.5KW Onan "Quiet" generator.

More photos: interior etc. by email on request. macmusick@gobrainstorm.net

REASON FOR SELLING. Father in law recently passed away. Mother in law has moved in to a retirement community.

Please call me to arrange appointment for showing in Portland. My name is Mac Musick. 970-769-0802.

More...